Dame Folle

Friday, July 21, 2006

Dogs and Spoons

Some time ago, Nicole's uncle Andy decided to teach her the phrase, "That dog don't hunt" to be used after any sentence that had a lie or tall tale included in it. Nicole used it quite often at first and even would ask me to make up some untrue statement just so she could respond with, "That dog don't hunt!". Having a three year old armed with this phrase and knowing when to use it was a great ice breaker and/or party trick. The phrase eventually wore out of it newness and was not used. Recently, Nicole and I were visiting my friend, Sonia and her family when out of the blue, Sonia made a random nonsensical comment and Nicole responded with, "That spoon don't scoop, Sonia!" My jaw dropped and I had to ask her, "Where did you learn that, Nic?" and she responded, "I made it up!" Either she is pretty darn smart or a pretty darn good liar...That dog don't hunt, Nicole!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the student has become the master.

I'll have to introduce Nic to some other funny phrases she can use at school!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home