Dame Folle

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Danskin

Over the weekend I participated in the Danskin Triathlon http://www.danskin.com/triathlon.html that benefits breast cancer research. Just to give you an idea of how I did, I have decided to rename it from triathlon to triathLONG....

Of course I can't complain about the distance especially when you compare it to an old friend who competes in ironman length triathlons (http://www.michaellovato.triathletesonline.com/index.cfm?pp=1) and finishes up his races with a marathon run!

Seriously though, I did as well as can be expected on very little training. Although pulling Nicole in the bike cart while riding up hills in the neighborhood sure did help I didn't do it quite enough! The swim part is the easiest for me since I used to swim competitively. I really must buy a road bike to prevent all those people from passing me on my little hybrid bike and the only way to improve the run is for me to train more. I am hoping to make this an annual event so I have a year to make improvements.

I will try to decide if I am going to post any of the photos once they come out...don't hold your breath though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home