Dame Folle

Monday, April 10, 2006

We interupt...

...this program...
I need to finish my posts about the trip to France, but Nic was pretty funny yesterday and it does relate to the trip. Nicole was quite impressed with the Louvre and still talks about the highlights of the Louvre, the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and Winged Victory. While driving in the car yesterday after dropping Jay off at the airport she called from the backseat saying, "Momma, who am I acting like, now?" I told her it was difficult to figure that out since I was driving and didn't want to get into an accident. She was persistent and asked again when I was at a red light. Upon turning around, I saw that Nicole was sitting perfectly still with her hands crossed in front of her with a half smile on her face...her impression of the Mona Lisa. Next, when I could look again, she was trying with some bit of struggle to shove her arms behind her back and gaze off in the distance...this was her Venus de Milo. The funniest thing was when she said to me, "Momma, how can I act like I don't have a head or arms, because Winged Victory doesn't have a head?!" One look in the review mirror revealed that she was trying to scoot her shoulders higher then her head in hopes that it would miraculously dissappear between them. I told her that spontaneous decapitation was out of the question. She of course asked what that meant and I told her she was too young to understand at this point...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home