Dame Folle

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Starbucks

One of my favorite 'news' stories in the onion, http://www.theonion.com/content/index, is about a new Starbucks location opening in the men's room of an existing location.

You can read about it here:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29030

I bring this up now because I was at Starbucks yesterday and the story often pops into my head as I stand in line to order my crack-laced coffee concoction that just feeds my addiction to Starbucks (I swear they lace there coffee with cocaine or something to keep the addiction strong). Another thought is that I wonder if anyone has ever done a study of the personalities of individuals and whether or not anyone can predict what type of person correlates to the coffee order. I figure that we study all sorts of things to determine someone's personality including numerology, horoscope, and birthdate so why not a coffee order?! My brother-in-law, Andy, says he orders hot chocolate...he believes that it signals a 'loner' type and I said it was showing how he hadn't matured (you know, because children drink hot chocolate). I wonder what this theory says about me. Lately, I have gotten into ordering a tall cinnamon latte, that is the easy part, but, it must be half decaf, blended milk (essentially 1/2 whole and 1/2 non-fat milk,) 1/2 the pumps and light whip. It either means one of two things, I am high maintenance like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally or that I am trying to control my crack addiction (joke) and diminish my Starbucks habit. Damn you Starbucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home